● APU Leah J Peterson Lecture Series: Food Security & ResilienceJanuary 21 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Event Type: Training
Food Security & Resilience – Spend an evening with Alaska food systems experts discussing what a food system is, why it matters to everyone and learn about the challenges and opportunities in Alaska and the North.
When: Tuesday, Jan. 21, 7-9 p.m. in APU Carr-Gottstein Building, room 102 ( 4225 University Drive, Anchorage, AK 99508)
1. Moderator – Dr. Gary Ferguson
2. Ronalda Angasan – Agricultural Program Director, Alaska Village Initiatives
3. Dr. Zeynep Kilic – food systems sociologist, UAA
4. Rachael Miller – The Food Research, Enterprise & Sustainability Hub director, APU
All are welcome! Light refreshments provided and free parking. The panel discussion will be livecast to a family-friendly room on campus for those with small children.
Fact: Did you know Alaska imports 95% of its food? Did you also know Alaska leads the nation in new farmers? It’s an exciting time to talk food up here.