New ANMC cleaning reminder chime: plays daily from 7 a.m.-9 p.m.January 14th, 2022 by Carol Dunn-Hale
A new overhead reminder chime is now playing daily every two hours from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on the overhead paging system at ANMC. This plays as a reminder for hospital staff to take a safety moment for cleaning and disinfecting shared areas and other frequently touched surfaces.
The chime plays daily every two hours from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. During evening quiet hours, a TigerText reminder will be sent to select staff for overnight cleaning reminders.
Frequent cleaning is an important infection control and prevention strategy to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Housekeeping is continuing to clean and disinfect public and patient areas, but there are additional areas and surfaces that require cleaning by staff.
Examples of areas for staff cleaning:
- Nurses’ stations
- Computer workstations
- Medical devices
- Office equipment
- Specialty equipment
Please reference the Cleaning Responsibility Chart for the full outline of items to be cleaned and the groups responsible. Cleaning guidelines can also be found in the Cleaning and Disinfection of Patient Care Equipment and the Environmental of Care procedure document.
Thank you for your help in keeping our hospital clean and our staff and patients safe!
Talking points for staff to share with patients
- Patient: Why do I keep hearing that noise?
- Staff: It’s a reminder for us to clean items that need it. Have you seen anything that needs additional cleaning?
- Patient: Will I hear that noise all night?
- Staff: No, during evening quiet hours we make sure overhead sounds are turned off.
- Patient: Am I able to clean things in my room?
- Staff: Yes, we can make sure you have cleaning items available for you to use.
- Patient: Why do you need a reminder to clean?
- Staff: There are many things we do throughout the day and with COVID-19 we want to make sure cleaning doesn’t get forgotten in between taking care of patients.