CANQuit Research StudyFebruary 20th, 2020 by Zoe Merritt
ANTHC and the Mayo Clinic are conducting the CAN Quit research study to see if social media like Facebook can be used to help Alaska Native people quit smoking tobacco.
To participate in the research study you must
- be an Alaska Native person
- be 19 years or older
- be willing to use Facebook
- have internet access
- be currently tobacco user
- be willing to try quitting tobacco
- not be in a tobacco cessation program right now
The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium and Mayo Clinic want to learn how to help Alaska Native people who use tobacco.
- Will receive print materials about tobacco treatment referral.
- May take part in a closed Facebook group for 3 months.
- Will answer survey questions
- Will provide saliva samples at one, three and six months after enrolling
Receive up to seven $25 Visa gift cards for your time.