COVID-19 Retention Q2 Bonus program updateJanuary 18th, 2022 by Fiona Brosnan
Thank you to every single employee for all of your incredible work and commitment to the mission of ANTHC and the people we serve during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Words cannot express enough, our sincere gratitude and appreciation for all that you have done, the sacrifices you and your families have made and continue to make throughout our pandemic response.
As communicated last September, the ANTHC Board of Directors and Leadership team wanted to find another way to extend our heartfelt appreciation for all that you do, creating a special COVID-19 Retention Bonus program, consisting of two separate bonus payments. The first payment occurred on Oct. 22, 2021, and the final payment will be paid on Jan. 28, 2022, reflecting time worked between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2021.
You will receive the next bonus in the same manner as you receive your normal bi-weekly paycheck. If you have direct deposit, you will see your payment in your account on Jan. 28. If you normally receive a paper check, it will be available for pick up at the COB front desk that day. Any checks not picked up will be mailed to your address on file.
The payment is taxable income (taxed at the supplemental rate per IRS rules) but will not affect benefits contributions or deductions.
Special COVID-19 retention bonus program details
- The bonus applies to ANTHC full-time, part-time and intermittent direct-hire employees. Employees must be an active employee on the last day of quarter the bonus is based on, and must be compliant with all ANTHC policies. ANTHC Consortium Executive Team members are not eligible for the bonus. Intergovernmental Personnel Agreement (IPA) employees stationed and badged as an ANTHC full-time member of staff will be recognized, but utilizing the timing and processes required for federal employees.
- Newly hired employees who received a sign-on bonus larger than the COVID-19 retention bonus calculation for their quarter of hire are not eligible for a COVID-19 retention bonus for that quarter.
COVID-19 Retention Bonus details:
- Each individual bonus was calculated by multiplying the number of eligible hours an employee worked during the quarter by $5.
- Bonus payments are paid through payroll the month following each completed quarter (Oct. 2021 and Jan. 2022, respectively) and treated as income to the employee.
- First payment in October represented eligible hours from July-Sept (3 months)
- Second payment in January represents hours worked from Oct-Dec (3 months)
- Each quarterly bonus is capped at a maximum of $3,000 gross.
Productive Hours Definition:
- Eligible Hours: Regular Hours, Holiday Worked, Required Education (Nursing) and Overtime (up to the capped amount).
- Ineligible Hours: Holidays (including Thanksgiving, Family Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year’s Day) On-Call, Paid Time Off and leave of any kind (i.e. Education, Holiday, Continuing Education hours, Administrative).
Any questions can be directed to the HR front desk at (907) 729-1301.